Friday, May 14, 2010

Concocting soup inside my nest


Ever forget you're cooking, till the smell works its way thru your stuffed up nose? And I had been wondering for like 20 min what that LOUD hissssssssing noise was! turns out, it was the pressure cooker full of chicken for soup for tonight's supper!

That was my Facebook status yesterday afternoon.

It got worse.

I then realized that I didn't have what I needed to make dumplings or biscuits, nor did I have any green peas, or any more carrots.

Also DH had the car at work and told me he was going to be working latish.

Here's what I ended up doing.

5 Chicken leg quarters in my pressure cooker till meat was falling off bones.
3 cups brown rice plus 7 cups water plus 3 chicken bullion cubes in a medium pot till rice is tender.
pull chicken out of stock/broth. Add 2 bags edemame and 1lb frozen corn, and the left over glazed carrots (that you rinsed thoroughly) and cooked rice.
pull meat off bones, enjoy.

I should have done more meat, because there was only enough meat for half the soup, the left overs (and what's pictured) are meatless, but taste meaty due to the stock it was cooked in.

I shouldn't have cooked soup when so distracted by not feeling well.


1 comment:

  1. I helped J. with the title! Hehe. I heart Really Rosie!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQMmmTK9ibw

    ReplyDelete