Monday, January 11, 2010

C is for Cookie

I got my Sushi and my fancy Japanese Ice Cream, and the next day no one felt well; not food related, at least that's what we're telling ourselves!!

That takes care of the weekend, and yesterday we grocery shopped, for about 2 hours, and thanks to the new way I'm trying to eat I'll have to do it more often, but hey it burns calories so maybe I"ll look at it with new respect at least? Eh, we'll see. After grocery shopping and putting all the food away I was not in the mood for standing and cooking anything spectacular and no one was particularly hungry, the kids wanted: Mac and Cheese (the spiral noodle kind of course) with frozen spinach mixed in and hot dogs on the side. It's a crazy combo but the ate it up, so it must have been tasty, I had a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread sans jelly and blackberry non-fat yogurt. No pic, just picture yellow noodles with green bits floating in and red hot dogs on the side.

I thought I'd share some cookie recipes with you. Cookies are a Christmas tradition in our house and there are usually enough made for a small army, or all your neighbors and husbands co-workers, and still keep your house in cookies for 2 weeks! We do basics as well as some I've tweaked enough to feel good about calling them My Own. I'll just share those with you.

Holiday Bliss
1 1/2 c Butter
2c Sugar
1 egg
1/4 tbs Baking Soda
4c Flour
1/2 c dried cranberries
1/2c diced dried apples
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Cream the butter and sugar, then add the egg, in a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients. Bring the wet and dry together to form a dough, wrap with plastic and let rest for 30 min. roll into ping-pong ball sized balls and flatten. Bake 350 till barely golden (like a sugar cookie)

Monster Cookies
4 eggs
1 1/2c Peanut Butter
1 1/2c Sugar
1 c Butter
1c brown sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2c Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3c Oats
1c chopped cashews (or nut of your choice)
1 bag chocolate chips
1 bag toffee (or what ever that brittle part of peanut brittle is if you can find that)
1 c shredded coconut

Cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars, add eggs and vanilla, in a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients, then combine the wet and dry to form a dough fold in the nuts and chips. use tablespoon to scoop out onto cookie sheet bake 350 10 min (do not make the cookies too big as they are very filling).

I know the holidays are past, but I'm always sad to see the giving spirit of them leave us. Feel free to make up a batch and share them with your neighbors anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment