Friday, January 8, 2010

Simple, but always a hit


I'm still feeling the effects of the meds, and doing much of anything has been a struggle. I hope this doesn't last long and I adjust quickly. Add to this DS1 has a fever and it makes it nice to have a "go to" meal that you know everyone will like.

Oh! And I have to start being mostly vegetarian (no red meat and just a little poultry and fish, so now I have to think up meals that I can make where I can just avoid the meat portion); thanks again migraines!


my family prefers angel hair pasta to spaghetti noodles.
1lb pasta
2lbs 97% lean grd beef
1 jar sauce (I use the garden kind with carrots and zucchini and mushrooms, you know, the works)
2 cans stewed tomatoes (1 garlic and onion 1 bell pepper)
2 small cans sliced black olives
1 large can sliced mushrooms
1 large onion sliced thin
2 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh grd black pepper
1 tbs basil
1 tsp oregano
add herbs and onion to meat and brown.
boil pasta (I think you can figure that out)
combine tomatoes and sauce and mushrooms and olives
normally I'd then add the seasoned browned meat to the sauce, but thanks to my new diet, I layered it tonight, pasta, meat, sauce, for everyone but me, I just had pasta and sauce (yay :( )

I think I might try to talk DH into a date tomorrow and get some sushi, and then we have plans for lasagna on Sunday (I made it on Christmas and froze it) but I"ll post a recipe for something (any requests?) and I'll post the lasagna (cause I think it's pretty dang good) and a pic.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not use to having mushrooms come from a can nor did I knew they came in a can:) lol Growing up, I saw my aunts and grama go to the "Tianguis" which means outside market or air market? Idk
    I guess I never thought about it......I can get all these yummy foods in cans!!
    I will try Jess.....I promise:)

    I guess that's why it takes me forever to cook cuz I still do it the old fashion way. haha Thanks Jess!!
    Plus I can't wait to see your Lasagnia:) mmmmmm.....lasagnia!

    ReplyDelete